Sunday, January 15, 2012

This view of a blowhole on the north shore of Kauai was taken a few minutes after Maelstrom #2.' Here, I wanted to show how the large waves impact the lava shelf and continue around and into the hole. I captured this version of this scene since some people may like the extremely dramatic action of the ocean, as do I! Via Patrick Smith Photography -To get this image at sunrise, I had to get up at 3am and slide down a very long muddy trail on my hands and knees in the dark, wash up in a nearby stream and run between lava shelves avoiding very large waves, in the near dark just before dawn. And I had to grab the tripod and run to get away from this wave! I wouldn't have it any other way, it's part of the process of seeing something that few people will ever see.nature (3 photos)Mo

This view of a blowhole on the north shore of Kauai was taken a few minutes after Maelstrom #2.' Here, I wanted to show how
the large waves impact the lava shelf and continue around and into the hole. I captured this version of this scene since some
people may like the extremely dramatic action of the ocean, as do I!
Via Patrick Smith Photography -
To get this image at sunrise, I had to get up at 3am and slide down a very long muddy trail on my hands and knees in the dark,
wash up in a nearby stream and run between lava shelves avoiding very large waves, in the near dark just before dawn. And I had
to grab the tripod and run to get away from this wave! I wouldn't have it any other way, it's part of the process of seeing
something that few people will ever see.nature (3 photos)
Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment